As is the way with all Broadcast products, they arise from repeated requests for a custom device with similar requirements.
I’ve built hundreds of headphone amps and was receiving a number of requests for stage headphone amps. A loud, high performance amp is a given, I wouldn’t bother with anything else. Along-side this we needed a cue input for metronomes, backing tracks, drum machines and a few other bells and whistles.
Here is the prototype Head Band
- automatic mains voltage selection 100 – 240Vac
- high performance headphone amp – suitable for 16 to 600 ohm phones – output on 6.35 and 3.5 sockets
- line level inputs on balanced XLRs / TRS combo sockets
- balanced line level cue input ( mono ) on XLR
- stereo headphone level cue input on 3.5mm socket ( direct connection to ipad / smartdevice )
- cue trim control
- cue mute switch on far right of front panel
- mode switch – mono / stereo / mute
- mic stand thread adapter built into base – accepts ” large” and “small” threads
Any comments welcome
Pricing and availability – Coming Soon!